Teaching and Mentoring
- Fall 2013: Instructor for Astro 1 course
- Fall 2012: Instructor for Astro 1 course
- Spring 2012: Substitute instructor for Meteo 466 (senior undergraduate + graduate student) class
(Stellar evolution, detection techniques of Extra-solar planets) in the Department of Geoscience
Each directory has a .tar.gz file for easy download.
- 2011: Substitute instructor for Earth 2 class (Extra-solar planets) in the Department of Geoscience
- 2011: Lecture on Gravitational-waves for Physics 444 class at Penn State
- 2008: Substitute instructor for a senior undergraduate class
on General Theory of Relativity at Pennsylvania State University (Click here for class presentation in PPT format or PPTx (MS powerpoint 2007) format).
- 2006-2007: Substitute instructor for introductory astronomy course at Louisiana State University
(Class presentations are given below).
- August 2006 - December 2006: Graduate Teaching Assistant.
Introductory astronomy laboratory with topics on
solar systems, night sky observations and CLEA lab experiments (Link to the Lab)
- August 2000 - May 2003: Graduate Teaching Assistant.
Taught introductory and advanced undergraduate physics laboratory experiments
dealing with mechanics, optics and acoustics. Duties included setting up and
teaching the labs, preparing and grading the quizzes, exams and lab reports.
Additional duties consisted of tutoring sessions with undergraduate students at
all levels where problem solving methods and skills are developed.